Tyres will eventually wear out and after months or years depending on your usage, you would need to replace your tyres to continue using your car. While its eventual demise is inevitable, you can prolong the life of your tyres in Gold Coast by doing some care and maintenance. To keep your tyres in good condition and to extend its life, here are some ideas:
- Tyres could get wears in different areas. The front tyres are usually the ones that get easily worn compared to the rear tyres because they take in more of the vehicles weight. To have your tyres evenly worn, switch your front tyres and your back tyres every now and then. This will effectively prevent uneven tyre wear. You can do straight tyre rotation or cross rotation.
- Inflate your tyres properly. Having your tyres well inflated will not only keep your car in excellent running condition but it will also protect your car wheels. For better tyre inflation, fill your tyres with nitrogen instead of the usual oxygen. Nitrogen can fill tyres four times better compared to oxyge Nitrogen prevents leakages that can damage the tyre and promote smoother run.
- Make sure that your car brake is working properly and your brake fluid in recommended level.
- Wash your tyres regularly along with your car for proper maintenance. This will effectively remove dirt, mud and debris from the tyres and will also keep your tyres in Gold Coast free from damages and punctures. Cleaning your tyres will make it easier for you to spot punctures or damages and have it repaired by a licensed mechanic right away before the damage worsens.
- The moment you noticed that your tyresno longer functions as they should or when they are no longer road-worthy, have them replaced only by a qualified mechanic.
- Have your car checked including your tyres in Gold Coast, by a trusted and licensed auto mechanic. The mechanic will give you additional tips on how you can prolong the life of your tyres. Consider replacing your tyres once in every six years or as needed.